Tuesday 1 September 2009

Pre-mission Update

The backpack has been packed, emptied and repacked. Seriously, how the hell do you prepare for a trip like this?

With fingers firmly crossed for good weather, a spare pair of trousers, plenty of socks and pants and a few t-shirts is basically all there is. Sleeping bag; check. Passport; check. That should just about cover it.

The main problem is not knowing quite how long it's going to take to get to Warsaw. Two, three, maybe ten days? It's a bit of a leap of faith this one.

On top of that, there is the move to London after the trip to take into account. Couple of black shirts, bar blade and guitar to be put in storage for future bar and busking work; check. All right. Let's get this show on the road. Or at least, let's get to London first.

And so I sit, on my sofa counting the hours until my train departs from town. Two hours to go. I think I'll be longing for scheduled transport in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment