Thursday 19 February 2009

Pissing in the dark

Don't you just love it when visits to the Ĺ‚azienka (that's Polish for bathroom) fill your head with abstract joy? My last one did. I'll sleep happy tonight.

As I stood over the basin of the toilet, clutching a lighter in my hand, I had an epiphany.

For in one hand, I had man's most useful tool and in the other I had fire. I was stood, not in the snow covered surroundings of the outside, but in a centrally heated bathroom, in a centrally heated apartment. I was using a lighter that was in perfectly useful state. As was the equipment in the other hand. Yet, this being Poland, things are never as simple as they should be. I found myself playing the toilet by ear. Pissing in the dark.

My urinal adventure sums up my daily life. Take a normal everyday task, add an unknown quantity of the unknown and see what happens. Being late for work is the usual result. It also seems to relate to my life on other levels.

For example, I've decided to head back to England in the near future. What I shall do when I arrive is yet undecided. Where I will live has yet to be decided. I'm a bit in the pissing dark on that one.

And due to a total lack of being in the vicinity of my mates back in England, I've no idea what the hell they are up to (or in the case of one good friend, who doesn't know himself what he's up to). You could say I'm pissing in the dark on that one too.

But the most relieving thing about my toe dampening situation which I can apply to my life in comparison: at least I'm not shitting in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment