Tuesday 3 February 2009

Slow News Day

It's only 10.39, but I've figured since I've got a few hours to spend until my next lesson I might as well get some writing done. Not much else to do with my day.

I was on the Metro just now, when I noticed the front pages of my fellow commuters' newspapers. Upon the front page, the page usually reserved for the most interesting news, was a picture of Big Ben engulfed in snow.

'There's snow in England, stop everything, we have to laugh at their incompetence!' I'm not kidding. Listening to Radio 1 while cooking lunch yesterday, I heard that all London buses had been removed from service due to the 5cm of snow. This was followed by a barrage of comments from disbelieving travelers, 'Bloody typical' was their typical English reaction to such typical English incompetence.

Trawling through the BBC website to see if it has snowed back home in Cornwall (I'm quite surprised that my Mum hasn't text me with the groundbreaking news) I came across this beauty of a pic. Such is the historical relevance of a snow day, some smart alec has installed this monumental day into the annals of history. (Nice one Ms Legg)

In between ignoring group requests on Facebook, I came across some pictures of it snowing in Newquay. I can't remember the last time it snowed in Newquay. Normally the sea air is too much of a killjoy to let the snow settle. It must be freezing, like -1c or something.

Photo credit goes to my friend Kirsten, who when not taking pictures of the snow, takes awesome pictures of the awesome local surf at KFishSurf.com

In non-snow related news today, I was treated to some more traditional Polish bus etiquette. As I was only traveling for a few stops I stood in the door way. As the stop approached I found myself boxed in by two rather large chaps and a rather large old woman. Making my presence noticed, I tried to edge away from the enveloping flippy doors. Unfortunately my fellow passengers gave me insufficient room to manoeuver. My random attempt of courtesy went unheeded by one of the rotund gentleman, who decided that if I wasn't going to get out of his way, he'd get in mine. And proceeded to walk straight through me as he exited the bus in a fat guy spin with my leg catching his momentum. What a twat. I'll remember to use my ability to teleport next time I catch a fucking bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment